Top Online Blackjack Games Worldwide
Play for realPlay for realPracticePlay for realPracticePlay for realPracticePlay for realPlay for realPracticePlay for realPlay for realPracticePlay for realPlay for realPracticePlay for realPracticeUK BlackjackPlay for realPractice
Table of Contents:
Our wide range of games reflects our global outlook, and this is one of the reasons that playing online blackjack at Casino.com is such a rewarding experience. As well as 24/7 game access, game types that match popular game preferences from around the globe – including European and American versions – plus increased interactivity with live games and huge win potential with progressive blackjack games.
We make sure that players from all around the world can enjoy the very best blackjack games that suit their personal tastes and preferences.
Rules: How to Play Blackjack?
The following information contains all the basics that you need to start playing our online blackjack games with confidence:
- Card Values: Your numbered cards are worth the amount displayed (their face value) while picture cards have a value of 10. Depending on what suits your hand best, Aces can be worth 1 or 11. This is standard across all blackjack games; some game variations (e.g. Spanish 21 and Pontoon) will have the cards showing a face value of 10 removed and play with a shorter deck.
- Order of Play: To start the game, specify your bet amount and you will receive 2 face-up cards that you play against your dealer. The dealer receives 1 face-up card and a 2nd face-down card; when the dealer receives this 2nd card depends on the game type. If there are multiple players, the dealer receives their cards last. When it comes to the action, players go first, and once everyone at the table has played their hand, the dealer will act, turning over their 2nd card to show their complete hand. The dealer then plays their hand, and hands are compared to determine the winner. Beat the dealer and you will win a payout – the outcome of other players’ hands at the table have no impact on your own hand.
- Hit or Stand: These are your standard options once your cards are received. Hit means to receive 1 card from the dealer, and you can Hit several times in a row (but bet strategically according to your hand to make sure you don’t go bust). If you like your dealt hand, opt to Stand and keep your original cards without any changes – this will be the hand itched against the dealer to determine the winner.
Advanced Options: The following options are slightly more in-depth, offering more advanced information to help you take your game to the next level.
- Double Down: When you have received your cards, you can opt to double your stake or ‘Double Down’. The dealer will then reveal his cards and play his hand.
- Split: If you are dealt with matching pairs you can opt to split them into 2 separate hands – you will receive a new card to partner each card and make a new hand. This costs an extra bet as each hand is played at the same cost as your original wager.
- Insurance: A side bet that costs half your wager and is independent of your original bet, you can take insurance when the dealer shows an Ace and if you win, it pays out at 2:1.
- Surrender: When you opt to Surrender, you may Fold your hand losing only half of your stake. The time when you can Surrender differs between versions – check your game rules to see what stages of the game allow for a player to Surrender.
- Side Bets: these are additional bets (such as Insurance, perfect pairs, 21+3) that you can make in addition to your standard wager – you can win some side bets even if you lose your hand.
- Multi-Hand: this option allows you to play multiple hands at the same time. Check the in-game rules to find out the maximum limits of hands you can play for that game type.
All our blackjack games boast a comprehensive ‘Help’ menu that provides the important specifics that you need, from game rules to betting limits. Find out more in our Help and Support section below.
Here are some overviews of our most popular blackjack variations, to help get you to choose the game that suits your tastes and get you started at the tables:
- European: the dealer receives 1 face-up card and delays their 2nd card until after all players have played their hand.
- American: the dealer receives their 2nd card directly after player cards are dealt, before players play their hand.
- Spanish 21: this version has all 10's removed, playing with a 48-card deck. Also, you can opt to Double Down at any point in the game, and if you make a hand worth 21, your hand is considered as beating the dealer, whatever hand they hold.
- Blackjack Switch: this version provides you with 2 separate hands to bet on, and you can switch cards between hands.
- Pontoon: this is another game version that has all 10 cards removed. It also offers additional features such as Double Down after a Split, the option of Surrender possible later in the game, and an immediate win when you make a hand that totals 21.
- Double Attack: As soon as the dealer’s 1st card is dealt, the player can make a Double Attack and double their bet – this is where the game gets its name.
Odds and Payouts
Blackjack offers players one of the lowest house edges (as low as 0.1% -0.5%). Payouts are similar across Blackjack, but variations in the game rules and the way you play can affect how much you can win. See the list directly below as a guide, and then check out the Help and Support section further down the page for details on how to locate specific odds and payout numbers for each game.
- Blackjack: A hand of 2 cards made up of an Ace and a card worth 10 points is known as Blackjack. This pays out at 3:2, so for a $10 bet, you'll receive $15.
- Regular Hand: Beat the dealer with a standard (non-blackjack) hand to win a payout of 1:1. E.g. Win with a $10 bet to earn an extra $10.
- Insurance: This is a side bet that predicts the dealer has Blackjack. It pays out at 2:1, so a $10 bet would payout $20. As this side bet is independent, you can win this bet even if you lose your regular hand.
- Tie: When you and the Dealer Tie, this can also be called a Push. IN this situation, your bet remains on the table once the round ends, and you may Re-Bet or place a new bet.
Winning Hand Pays $1 Bet Pays Blackjack 3:2 $2.5 ($1+$1.5) Regular Hand 1:1 $2 ($1+$1) Insurance 2:1 $3 ($1+$2)
Basic Strategies and Tips
Here are some basic strategies and tips to consider when you play Blackjack online:
1. Split: For improved odds of winning, split your cards when you are dealt a pair of Aces. Many experts also suggest splitting pairs of 8s, as a hand of 16 is easy to bust and by splitting, you’ve made it impossible to bust on your first Hit.
Your Hand When to Split Vs the Dealer 2's, 3's 4 through 7 4's, 5's, 10's Never 6's 3 through 6 7's 2 through 7 8's Always 9's 2 through 6 and 8 or 9 Aces Always
2. Double: When your dealt cards total 9, 10 or 11 and the dealer shows a face-up card lower than 10, it is considered a good option to Double Down. An Ace in your hand makes it particularly strong because it counts as either 1 or 11 points and therefore, cannot go bust on your next hit.
Your Hand Double if Dealer’s Face-Up Card is: 9 3 to 6 10 2 to 9 11 2 to 10 A and 2 5,6 A and 3 5,6 A and 4,5 4,5,6 A and 6 3 to 6 A and 7 2 to 6 A and 8 6
3. Surrender: Using this option at the beginning of your game can save you half of your stake if you lose, which may mean savings in the long run. Many strategists suggest you should Surrender when you hold a hand worth 15 and the dealer shows a 10 face-up card.
Each of our online blackjack games are fully mobile optimized, providing an excellent mobile gaming option for tablet and mobile phone users. Offering 100% convenience and quality, you can now play your favorite blackjack anywhere, as well as at any time.
You can play Blackjack games online via our app, in landscape and portrait mode, with both offering incredible software performance and speed. All screen sizes are catered for, with text, buttons and graphics designed to fit perfection, so they’re fully readable and offer an enjoyable blackjack experience on the move. Touch-screen friendly, you use your screen for easy software navigation, also placing your bets, dealing the cards, and visiting all areas of the casino.
Promotions and Bonuses
Check out our latest welcome bonus offers and promotions for blackjack players to see if you’re eligible for extra funds to use at the table when you play blackjack online with us. We offer a variety of bonus types, for both new and existing players, with exclusive blackjack-specific bonuses available such as our Beat the Dealer bonus that offers players cash wins for landing a set number of blackjacks in a row.
- How to win at blackjack? – to win, you have to beat the dealer’s hand; this means having the strongest hand that’s as close to 21 as possible without going bust (e.g. if the dealer has 22 and you have 17, the dealer is closer to 21, but loses the game).
- Is it possible to count cards in online blackjack? – Thanks to the Random Number Generator (RNG) used on all our games, there is no ways to count cards. Online blackjack is the safest way to enjoy your favorite blackjack games.
- Where can I play blackjack against a live dealer? - we boast a variety of live dealer blackjack games at Casino.com, via the Playtech Eurolive platform.
- What makes Casino.com the best blackjack casino? Our award-winning, fully licensed and regulated casino boasts a huge range of blackjack variations, plus 24/7 games and customer support, and a wide variety of secure global deposit and withdrawal methods, providing an all-round service for players worldwide.
Help and Support
Our blackjack games are exciting and fun, and provide high-quality entertainment, but to make sure it’s smooth every step of the way we have professional and friendly customer support available 24/7 - so whatever your query, you can access the help you need when you need it:
- In-Game Help Menu: within your chosen blackjack game there is a Help menu that you can use to find out all about your game. Click on the ‘hamburger menu’ symbol in the top left, then select ‘Help’ to find out more about specific game rules, software buttons, special bonus features, bets and limits, and payouts.
- Customer Support: Available 24/7, contact our professional customer support team whenever you need for swift and helpful resolutions to your questions and queries. Our dedicated team is available via email, live chat, and phone.
Play for Real Money
To experience our state of the art games and play blackjack online alongside millions of satisfied players from around the world, try our online casino today. Enjoy 24/7 games and bankroll services, a variety of casino bonuses for new and existing players, and lots of impressive win potential with our exciting games including progressive blackjack options.
To join us and play in the world’s best online blackjack casino, open a Casino.com account then login and play for real money.